Thursday, June 18, 2009

interior design for your home

Being an artist has helped me enormosly when it comes to great interior design for your home.
also working in the Boston Design Center for the past 8 1/2 years has helped.
I currently work for F. Schumacher & Co, as far as i am concerned Schumacher has the best
fabrics wallcoverings and furniture in the world.
My company is 120 years old and is a fifth generation french family owned business.
I love being a interior design consultant working with so many different designers makes it
impossible not to pick up different ideas and solutions to design.
always thinking outside the box when it comes to design my approach is based on my experience with color, texture, patterns, nature, music, contrast, positive energy and love.
When it comes to my home and design I want my home to be my private sanctuary, a place to come home to that makes me feel safe warm and inviting yet it also re-charges me after a day or
after a long week of working. it has to inspire me for my home is where i create all my paintings.
after 9 long years it finally has all the elements needed to keep me happy.
I love mixing antiques with my design especially in the living room.
nothing looks better in my book than beautiful one of a kind carved griffin tables on a beautiful
vegetable dyed tibetan carpet. I LOVE contrast blending differnt cultures but still keeping the underlying theme alive, for me if the piece doesnt speak to me it doesnt make it into my home.
I WOULD RATHER HAVE 25 BEAUTIFUL PIECES THAT SPEAK TO ME PERSONALLY
THAN AN ENTIRE HOME OF CLUTTER.
STAY TUNED FOR MORE
LOVE TIMOTHY

No comments:

Post a Comment